Quebec City is the capital of the Quebec region and is the beginning of where the Saint Lawrence narrows. Quebec is even translated to ‘Where the river narrows’, what a coincidence. The old town is a UNESCO world heritage site and a city which should be on your list of Canadian cities to visit. Below is the review for the Hotel Manoir Des Remparts.
Location: Quebec, Canada
Date of Stay: October, 2015
Price Range: from $85 CAD - $155 CAD
photo credit: tripadvisor.com
- Great view from the top terrace
- Cheap rate for a
- Good location, 5 minute walk to old city centre
- The staff are friendly and full of smiles
- Free breakfast with muffins, bagels, toast, porridge tea and coffee
- Easy to find from the Bus station
- Close to the Farmers Markets
- Showers and toilets on the top floor are small and cramped
- The hotel is a little dated, but keep in mind you are not paying top prices.
The location of the hotel is superb. It is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the busy old town centre, but not too far away that it takes half an hour to get to all the sights. I would recommend booking directly with the hotel, the correspondence is quick and you will receive the best price. The hotel is a little dated with glimpses of upgrades where needed. The upstairs terrace has a great view overlooking the harbour.
Itchy Feet Escapades rates the Hotel Manoir Des Remparts 4 out of 5 Itchy Feet.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or visit our Facebook page.